Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Opps...overslept

Ok, so I set out all my clothes last night so I could exercise. I was ready to conquer the world.

My friend texted me about 3 minutes before my alarm was going to go off (about 4:12 am). She had a bad night and wasn't going to go exercise. No problem, I say to myself, I will exercise by myself. I've done it for years. I'm just going to lay here for a second......

When I woke up at 6:45 I must admit I was surprised. How did I fall asleep so soundly? Frustrated and knowing it was too late to go to the gym, I got up and took a shower. How am I going to maintain my position as a "regular" before the new years people hit if I don't go? I am in danger of being classified as "one of those".

I did manage to justify not going by observing how sore I was from yesterday. Yea, I probably need to give my body some "recovery time". Yea, that's it.

Guilt did set in a little later in the morning and to pacify myself, I ate some of my Sees Chocolates that I opened the night before. Since I still had some Mrs. Cavanaughs chocolates left on the table, I had one of those too, so they wouldn't spoil. All that chocolate is going to my "recovering" muscles. Yea, that's it. And this is how I reward myself for not going to the gym? Hummm..

Well, I don't officially start training for my marathon until January so I have time, right?

Look out body! Tomorrow is a new day!

1 comment:

  1. Okay Ellen, You and I both know that 16 marathons? Holy!*@@$#! Need I say more? You look great! I am in awe with all of your dedication. I just need to get there.( :

    ReplyDelete