Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gym cheating

So I went to a new gym this morning. My sister had a pass I could use so I decided, "what the heck". You really shouldn't try a new gym if it's more expensive and much nicer than the one you go to. It makes you dissatisfied with yours. Kind of like when you talk yourself into getting an economy car and you are ok with it, but then you take a ride in a luxury car - "just for fun". Big mistake!

But anyway, back to the gym. Oh man, this gym was nice! It has way more equipment than mine does and quite frankly, it was full of beautiful people and beautiful bodies. It has raquetball courts too. It even has pilates classes (with the tables!). My experience there also blew my theory about ratty people going to the gym early in the morning. There were even older people there with matching outfits and nice hair (possibly makeup-but I wasn't looking that close). There were even a couple of younger guys there doing some serious exercise. Hum, who would have guessed.

We did some weights and then ran/walked for 20 minutes. I tried this new "cushy" treadmill and I really liked it. The weird thing was, it kept shutting off on me. Weird. I took it as a sign that my body was giving off signals that I had exercised enough - so I stopped. A treadmill knows these things. We figured we worked so hard, we should go out to breakfast after - so we did.

Now I'm scheming how I can get a membership there. Oh man, gym cheating...what a mistake.

3 comments:

  1. scheming? Just do it. You go to the gym so frequently that it would not be a waste. Just like a BMW would also not be a waste if you drive a lot (which you do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think going to that "rich-people gym" is intimidating because of all the beautiful people, try taking kids swimming there. Silly me, I didn't think about it being a gym pool. Lots of fit bodies in expensive swim suits. No fat people to talk about there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so far down that I didn't even know there was such a thing as Pilates tables!

    ReplyDelete