Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to the gym

So, I did make it back to the gym this morning. I lifted some weights reeaaallly slow and now at 7:30 pm my muscles are screaming at me! But here's the fun stuff: I was watching this man with a santa clause belly do dead lifts this morning. That's nothing too exciting but he only had 10 lb. weights in his hands. What's that gonna do? So, I decided I better watch this guy. He would do a set, lean on the bench, wipe his forehead (for what?) and then rest for about 2 minutes between each set. Come on buddy! That's not gonna do JACK SQUAT! I finished with the weights and went up to the stair master. I decided to do my rotation. Twenty minutes total: 5 minutes facing forward, 5 minutes to the side, 5 minutes backward and 5 minutes to the other side. So I'm working on my forward set and hey, I can see Santa Clause belly from up here. Still doing the same routine. What is that guy wiping off of his bald head - seriously? There can't be any sweat with his "intensity". Anyway, it's now time to make the people to my right uncomfortable - switch to the 5 minute right side session. Try this some time. People start getting really nervous when you turn sideways on the machine and look at them. It's kinda fun. Now, backward routine - check on santa clause belly. Still there - working up a storm. Back to staring at the people on the treadmills behind me, that I'm now facing. Look, no eye contact! You could have sworn I asked for a volunteer to say the prayer. Checking to see how much time I have left on my backward routine. Santa Clause belly moving away from the resting bench - huh - I wonder where he might be heading? Anyway, time to stare down the people on my left. Oh, what fun. Well, I finished and got off the machine. It was a no eye contact day for me too. I didn't feel like looking at anybody on my way out - but wait....it's Santa Clause belly moving to the sit up bench. I think he might even take a nap in between sets now that he can lay down. Whew! Well - it's a run tomorrow morning for me! I'm BACK!! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment